These activities include a variety of contests, festivals, master classes with guest pianists, and other available activities. Dr. Rua highly encourages her prepared students to take part of these learning experiences.
Evaluation Events offer feedback from an assessor who comments on the strengths and weaknesses of the performance. These are a great gauge to track student progress. These are designed for students at all levels of performance from the beginning through advanced.
Please ask for more details if you are interested in participating.
Keep in mind there are deadlines for each activity. Please let Dr. Rua know which activities you would like to take part on to start planning repertoire.
Festivals and Evaluation Events:
- Masquerade Musicale: Weekend before Halloween. October 29th, 2022. Caffe Vivace. 1:00-6:00 PM. Registration deadline October 12th. fees: $18. Organized by OhioMTA-Southwest
- NFMC Junior Festival: March 10-11, 2023, at Mt. St. Joseph University, Cincinnati, OH. Registration deadline December 14, 2022
- The Keyboard Club Scholarship auditions: Auditions April 16, 2023, at 1:00 PM. 9th-11th graders. Registration deadline March 26, 2023
- Auditions Festival: March 19th, 2023. Cincinnati Music Academy. 1:00-7:00 PM. Organized by OhioMTA-Southwest
- Royal Conservatory of Music Examinations: In November/December, May/June and August
- ABRSM piano examination: Online
Important to know:
These events are not included in the monthly tuition. You are responsible for the payment of registration fees for these activities.
There are regularly scheduled private lessons during these activities. Unless your lesson is the same day/time, then, there is no lesson.
Before you participate, make sure you have been studying with me for at least 6 months.
Times for events that have a participation fee cannot be changed once the event deadline has passed. Requests for specific times to perform must be submitted prior to the Registration Deadline.
Refunds will not be given if you cancel an event after the registration deadline.
Fees are due the first day of the month of the event.